top of page

Lets bust those hypoallergenic jewellery myths!

Graphic with a pink scalloped background and text reading 'Savvy So & So' about the first tips blog series about hypoallergenic jewellery and myths around the term.
Part 1 Hypoallergenic Jewellery? Savvy So & So

I'm sure you've seen the term 'hypoallergenic' often linked to jewellery and its properties for helping allergies. You might be surprised to know that there's no formal test or standard within the jewellery industry to prove that a metal is 'hypoallergenic' and that it should be recommended for sensitivities.

Have you tried countless metals that claim to be 'hypoallergenic', only to get swollen, red, uncomfortable ears, wrists, fingers and neck? The buzz word 'hypoallergenic' is used as a marketing term with no medical definition or testing to back it up.

So let's start busting some hypoallergenic jewellery myths... what is causing my ears to feel sensitive? Nickel is often present in jewellery findings, posts and backs despite being the most comment skin irritants. This is the key metal to avoid if you have irritation when wearing jewellery.

You'll be pleased to know that So & So Studio's gold plated hardware are nickel free, to give you happy lobes, wrists and necks that allow you to feel confident and comfortably wear your jewellery for hours on end.

Graphic with a scalloped background and text reading 'Savvy So & So' about the next blog series which included metal allergies and why there's no such thing.
Come back for the next blog: Metal allergies and why there's no such thing

0 views0 comments
bottom of page